Hey everyone! We’re proud to bring you this post today as…we’ve been Liebster-ed! ^^ Many thanks to the lovely Jennifer of Polished PR for remembering and nominating our little two month old blog. (: ♥ Also, apologies for getting the post up rather late!
How It Works:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented you with the award and link them in the post.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Name 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers who you wish to nominate. The award is about spreading the word about up and coming blogs.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who presented you with the award and then ask your nominees 11 questions that they must answer.
- 1 fact we both have in common: We absolutely dislike carrot juice…and a certain person we dislike is also nicknamed “carrot”…hmm.
- 5 facts about Bethanie:
1. I have a Teenie Weenie obsession with shoes ❤ Well I would say, one can never have enough shoes!
2. I loveeeee watching American shows and my all time fav would be Pretty Little Liars (I am dying to find out who A is!)
3. I’ve always wanted a twin!
4. I’m a sagittarius 🙂
5. One of my fav quotes is Be Free, Dream Big
- 5 facts about Xin Yu:
1.. Hope this isn’t too morbid, but…I always have this temptation to run after FLUFFY pigeons and squish them. It’s my inner cat-self speaking.
2. I don’t watch much tv, but I’m really hooked onto the Beauty and the Geek series. Love it. (Am watching Season 3 of the Australian version)
3.. I meow to my family members and boyfriend. *waves paws at you*
4,. I am still very much a kid at heart, and enjoy those disney/pixar classics. Tangled, anyone? Also, somehow the morals in the stories are so much more impactful!
5. I was from the top triple science class in secondary school, but now I’m going to study a BA(Hons) in Graphic Communication, as I’ve pretty much decided that art is my life after taking A Level Art in Junior College. (:
Our Nominees: Okay this one is quite tough as we honestly don’t know many newbies! Hmm…
- For Lacquer of a Better Name: Jenni has lovely swatches and nail art! My favourite is probably still her Psychedelic Calico Color Kitty mani! ^^
- Nailmattic: Lovely swatches? Check! Cute nail art? Check!
- Ommorphia Beauty Bar : Okay, Eugenia’s blog has been around for awhile but you should definitely follow her cause of all the gorgeous swatches she posts! Be it nail art or makeup, I always enjoy reading her blog! ^^
- Nail Polish Galore: Kayla has a wide range of posts…from 3D bling nails(which bring out my inner fan girl over sparkles), to swatches and even helpful tips on gel polish application and removal. (:
- Nail Newbie: I honestly admire ladies with shorter nails and still being able to polish them and look good! Helen’s blog is one of them. (:
- 9 to 5 nails: Cute nail art and swatches…all in one place. (:
- Wonderful Wolf: I really love her designs! My favourites are her marine life nail art, you should really check it out if you aren’t following her. (:
- Kelsie’s Nail Files: Okay she has more than 200 followers but…oh my gosh her nail art + stamping is one which you need to check out! I love how she did the eiffel tower for her Paris manicure!
- Guilty As Charged: Love her nail art ideas!
- Paint Those Piggies!: Erin’s gorgeous swatches will make anyone want to bust out their wallets.
- Cuteberry: Chelsea has lovely nail art ideas and makes polishes to sell! How awesome is that!
1. What is the one thing you cannot live without? (outside of polish)
2. If there was a fire in your house and you could only save one polish, what would it be?
4. Would you select an outfit to match your manicure or would you match your manicure according to your outfit?
5. What do you see yourself doing in ten years time? (:
6. What is your to-go outfit for summer?
7. If you had the opportunity to create your dream polish, what would it be and why?
8. Which nail polish/manicure reflects your personality the best?
10. Who is your favorite artist/singer/band etc?
11. If you got to meet them, what would you say?
The Answers To My 11 Questions From Polished PR
(You’ll receive two separate answers from both of us (:)
- Bethanie’s answers:
1. What are you most passionate about? Fashion!
2. What’s your favorite color? Blue, hands down.
3. If there’s one thing you believe strongly in, it’s _____. my religion
4. If you could have one special power, what would it be? That would have to be Invisibility.
5. Why? You know that one moment you just wish you could disappear into the ground? Invisibility would come in handy then, don’t you think?
6. Where do you see yourself seven years from now? It could go two ways; I could be an accountant and living a monotonous life (well, in my opinion!) OR I could have finished studying fashion and possibly be a stylist!
7. What’s the most unique thing about you? I am always laughing and I love to make people laugh 😀
8. Your favorite genre of music? I don’t have a favorite actually, I just listen to any song i like (in some cases LOVE) 🙂
9. If you could move anywhere in the world (regardless of $), where would you go? OMG its either Spain or USA! Hopefully this will come true one day! *fingers crossed*
10. What are you wearing, right now? 😉 ohh wouldn’t you like to know! 😛
11. I’m wearing a little black dress; What color(s) should I paint my nails? Cherry red. Classic.
- Xin Yu’s answers:
1. What are you most passionate about? Art (:
2. What’s your favorite color? I don’t have a fixed colour, as it varies from blue to red, white and black… but I find that I am drawn to more clothes in the black colour design!
3. If there’s one thing you believe strongly in, it’s _____. Happiness is who you make yourself to be.
4. If you could have one special power, what would it be? The powers of teleportation.
5. Why? I’ve always wanted Doraemon’s door, the one which you can just go anywhere…and having motion sickness makes traveling difficult, so teleportation would be awesome.
6. Where do you see yourself seven years from now? Hopefully studying my masters’ and having a good career so I can pay for my studies!
7. What’s the most unique thing about you? I can purr. (I haven’t met many people who can do it, so…)
8. Your favorite genre of music? I just listen to whatever I like, so it’s really a mix. (:
9. If you could move anywhere in the world (regardless of $), where would you go? OMG. Okay…I would want Australia cause of ALL THOSE INDIES…or Tokyo, Japan/Hokkaido cause of the scenery…but then Singapore is really the safest place so, I would stay here but move to Sentosa Cove or something. Hehe. Then I’ll travel the world with my loved ones.(:
10. What are you wearing, right now? 😉 Well, wouldn’t you like to make a guess? (;
11. I’m wearing a little black dress; What color(s) should I paint my nails? Something textured, like O.P.I Jinx, or in a lovely teal glitter/cherry red colour!
Thanks again for nominating us for this award Jenn! And to our growing followers…thanks so much for sticking with us. (:
❤, xinyu and bethanie